It is important to properly clean the eyelids, especially when you have a conditions like Dry Eyes, Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, Blepharitis or Conjunctivitis.
Warming the eye lids to a temperature a little above body temperature will increase blood flow to the lids and help melt the secretions of the meibomian glands so that the glands can empty.
Cleaning the lids and lashes with diluted baby shampoo or an eyelid cleanser will remove any debris, discharge, or excess secretion, along with bacteria.
Lubrication will restore and smooth the tear film to keep the eyes comfortable and the vision clear.
Scope Eyecare has developed a good eyelid hygiene system. These components are available in our office.
MOIST HEAT MASK
- Effective relief from sore, irritated eye and eyelid
- Improves the quality of tears
- Helps reduce evaporation of the natural tear film
- Restores moisture to the eye and eyelids
- Can also be used as cold therapy for eyelid allergies
|Microwave for 25 seconds||Touch test for temperature||Apply to closed eyes for 10 mins|
TTO LID WIPES
- Preservative-free Tea Tree Oil lid wipes
- Contains soothing and moisturizing properties of Tea Tree Oil, Hyaluronic acid, Chamomile and Aloe Vera
- Preservative-free , so no need to rinse off after use
- Textured to remove debris, scurf and excess oil
|Wash hands before use||Wipe the eyelid in a side-to-side motion||No need to rinse after use|
DRY EYE SPRAY
- Preservative-free eye spray for dry, irritated eyes and eyelids
- 3 months sterility
- Advanced spray technology
- Contains Glycerin and natural ingredients to soothe dry eyed and moisturize eyelids
|Hold 6-10 inches from the eye
and fully depress the dispenser
|Spry will spread from the lid margins
to the ocular surface of the eye
|Blink to spread over the tear film|