SAFETY DURING THE PANDEMIC
Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Ophthalmology, we have reopened with safety of our patients and staff as our first priority. We have instituted new policies and procedures along with offering TELEMEDICINE visits to reduce risk and allow care for all our patients.
We have instituted the following procedures to protect our patients:
- We have adjusted our schedules to reduce the number of patients in the office at any given time.
- Our waiting rooms have been reconfigured to ensure proper social distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our reception desks.
- Magazines and the coffee machine have been removed from the waiting room.
- Ventilation has been optimized and air purifiers have been installed.
- All surfaces of examination rooms and equipment are sterilized with EPA-approved cleaners following each use.
- Staff members wear appropriate PPE while in the office.Staff members must have a temperature check and report any symptoms of possible exposures to COVID19 prior to start of shift.
- Staff members have been vaccinated against COVID19.
You can help make everyone safer by following our guidelines:
- You MUST wear a face mask while in our building.
- Check-In will be done by telephone a few days prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival, you will be screened for symptoms or exposure to Coronavirus. This will include a non-contact temperature and brief questions.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your appointment time.
- You should come the office alone unless assistance is needed.
- You should use the hand sanitizer available in all areas of the office.